Friday, February 18, 2022

DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA

    Research time! I have chosen my genre so now I am researching different ways that drama films created their opening. For my research process, I have been watching different openings of famous movies. I want it to start off with the main actor in a dangerous, high-pressure, adrenaline-filled situation. This technique I have seen in many films and I like the effect it creates. 

Here are some examples of films starting off with actors in a dangerous situation right off the bat: 

First Man (2018)


This is a drama film about an engineer, Neil Armstrong. This character has to go through serious, extreme, missions. The opening features the main character in a conflict situation. The astronaut is in his spaceship but the sound effects, camera movement, and editing all contribute to the feeling that he is in danger. The camera movement isn't steady which shows that the aircraft is shaking abnormally. There is an added sound effect of heavy breathing and shaking metal. The heavy breathing makes the viewer see that he is nervous and stressed. The shaking metal sound effect shows that there is danger and it creates a fearful effect. 

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

I choose to include this clip in my research because it is a great example of the actor starting off in a dangerous situation. The first clip is of Spider-Man minding his own business and then stumbles upon a police chase. He sees the police chase and the bad guys destroying and killing so he decides to do something. Siren sounds are added in the editing which shows there was a situation happening. There were also sounds of people screaming and cars honking. The music also gets more dramatic as Spider-Man goes into conflict. 

Sources: 

First Man Movie Clip - Opening Scene (2019) - Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA-28z6Ip_Y.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Opening Scene | 4K 60FPS - Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAhiTQOAKAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 Ladies and gentlemen... the moment you've all (mostly me) been waiting for... PRESENTING 1100 ° FAHRENHEIT