Saturday, February 19, 2022

Write What You Know!

     During my research process, I was reminded to write what I know. This played a large role in helping me choose what I wanted to write about. This is important because by writing what you know, you are able to create something that you can connect with and you can portray real and serious situations. A topic that I know about is firefighters because my dad is one so I thought that would be a perfect idea for me. Access to a fire station and different props such as a fire truck and bunker gear will be simple for me to get. 

   The plot of the film will be that a firefighter gets trapped in a huge house fire. The film opening will feature the firefighter getting a call that there is a fire and will show the adrenaline that firefighters feel when responding to a call. The name of the film will be 1100° Fahrenheit. I came up with this name by researching the temperature of a house fire. 

    I continued my research by researching the most popular and well-made films featuring firefighters.  Here are some that I found:

Only The Brave (2017)

 
This film is about a brotherhood of firefighters called the Granite Mountain Hotshots who have to face one fateful fire in Yarnell, Arizona. 

Ladder 49 (2004)
 
This film is about a rookie firefighter who becomes trapped in the worst blaze of his career. 

Sources:

“The 7 Best Firefighting Movies of All Time.” FireRescue1, 11 Jan. 2022, https://www.firerescue1.com/entertainment/articles/the-7-best-firefighting-movies-of-all-time-PuEpoIbhL4qYFiZJ/. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 Ladies and gentlemen... the moment you've all (mostly me) been waiting for... PRESENTING 1100 ° FAHRENHEIT